Save 10% if you book 2 private tours. Save 20% if you book 2 public tours!
CityRover’s Central Park Walking Tour: The Best Way to See and Learn About the Park
Central Park was designed to be explored on foot, but not in a group of 20 following a guide with a flag and a mic, or sitting in a pedicab listening to memorized fragments of information. Instead, contact us about an immersive and personalized private tour.
- Escape NYC’s concrete jungle and get lost in America’s first and most famous landscaped city park
- Discover some of the most photographed Central Park landscapes and features, including The Mall, Bethesda Terrace, The Lake & Bow Bridge, Strawberry Fields & Imagine Memorial, The Great Lawn, and many others
- Learn about some of Central Park’s secrets and discover hidden gems like the Ladies’ Pavilion, Belvedere Castle, and Shakespeare Garden
- Enjoy Central Park’s incredible beauty while learning about its history and design
New Yorkers may disagree on a lot of things, but it’s safe to say that most if not all would agree with the following statement:
Central Park is a must-see New York City attraction
We wrote about it in our detailed Top 10 Places to Visit in NYC guide.
Planning your NYC visit?
Click here to get on our email list, and we’ll send you 5 of our super-helpful NYC guides and suggested itineraries for free! Plus, we’ll send you an exclusive $10 off code your first tour.
This tour is ideal for visitors who are interested in:
- An intimate walking tour to explore and learn about Central Park
- Photography & sightseeing
- Getting away from the hustle & bustle of New York City
- History of Central Park and New York City
- Or first-time visitors to NYC
Private Tour Pricing:
Date & Time: This tour is available for private booking 7 days a week year-round upon request
Suggested Duration: 3 to 4 hrs (2 hours minimum)
Want to book a private tour or have a question?
What customers are saying:
★★★★★ “Central Park – Amazing Private Tour”
We booked a private tour of Central Park - it's something I've always wanted to see more of and know more about. And we weren't disappointed! Max was terrific - showing us the beautiful sites while keeping us entertained with the engrossing history. Max is a delight - incredibly knowledgeable, thoughtful, and fun. This was everything we'd hoped for and we will definitely use and recommend CityRover in the future!
★★★★★ “Excellent way to see Central Park”
I joined the Scenic Central Park Tour today with City Rover Walks. Max was out tour guide and it was very informative and knowledgeable scenic walk of Central Park. He told us a lot about the history and showed us the hidden gems of the park as well. I highly recommend Max for providing a great experience.
- Central Park might be America’s first and most famous landscaped city park, but there is a new kid in town in New York, and it’s an elevated park like no other. Join our small-group walking tour of the High Line and surrounding former industrial-turned-trendy neighborhoods, followed by an exploration of one of the oldest residential neighborhoods in New York City — Greenwich Village. Enjoy a slice of pizza along the way.
- If you want to learn about the history of New York City from our humble origins as New Amsterdam to the modern metropolis we are today, while touring some of the most famous places to visit in New York City, then check out our Downtown Highlights Tour. You’ll learn about the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Bowling Green, Wall Street, the 9/11 Memorial, the rebuilding of the WTC, and much more.
- The Downtown Highlights Tour pairs very well with our popular tour of the Brooklyn Bridge, Dumbo, Brooklyn Bridge Park, and Brooklyn Heights. You’ll learn a lot about the famous bridge, as well as Brooklyn, while enjoying spectacular views and photo opportunities.
- And on the topic of famous NYC attractions, no area packs as much of a punch as Midtown Manhattan, which is home to some of the most iconic skyscrapers, majestic buildings, and most popular sights in the world. Join us for a fun and informative tour of the Chrysler Building, Grand Central Terminal, New York Public Library, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Saint Patrick’s Cathedral, and more.
- On the other hand, if all the skyscrapers have your head spinning, join us for some fun neighborhood exploration and local history in the East Village, Bowery, NoLita, and Little Italy, while enjoying some ale in NY’s oldest pub, as well as tasty treats from Jewish and Italian specialty stores.
- And if you’d rather discover some of the most beautiful outdoor murals in New York City and learn about the artists behind them, while exploring SoHo, Little Italy, Chinatown, and Lower East Side, check out our NYC street art tour led by our very own Danielle, who is a popular and sought-after painter and muralist, in addition to being an awesome tour guide.
Want to book a private tour or have a question?