Save 20% on your total when you book 2 public tours!
The Village Sampler – High Line to Washington Square
- Tour the High Line, America’s first elevated park, and learn about its incredible transformation
- Learn about Chelsea Market, the popular indoor food and flea market, where the Oreo cookie was born more than a century ago (we will not stroll through it)
- Stop for a great slice of pizza in Greenwich Village (included in price) as we wind our way through the quaint streets of this famous and historic neighborhood
- Discover the recently opened Gansevoort Market in the trendy Meatpacking District and learn about the area’s evolution
- Enjoy the views and photo opportunities in Washington Square; learn about the famous Arch, Millionaires’ Row, the murder of Stanford White, and the park’s creepy past
The CityRover Difference:
Up to 3.5 hours; 3 miles on foot (5 km)
$45 for adults, $25 for kids 12 and under
Thursday and Sunday at 10am
Maximum group size is 12 adults
Slice of pizza + short stop at food market
Start near Chelsea Market and end in Washington Square (exact meeting point will be emailed after booking)
If you have any questions about this walking tour, please click on the Email Us button below, and we’ll respond to your inquiry within 24 hours. Or call us at (347) 464-9335. We look forward to hearing from you.
Four of us in our early sixties took the Village Sampler tour with Danielle. We all loved it She is very interesting and the 3.1/2 hours just flew. We also did the city of dreams tour and wished we had time to take in one of the other tours offered by City Rovers. I have already recommended four fellow Australians take these tours.
My husband and I went on the Village tour with Max this past Sunday. We really enjoyed it. This is the second CityRover tour we have done.The groups are small and we met some very nice people. Max does a wonderful job guiding us through the area and telling us of its history, and answering all our questions! Highly recommended.
Additional Tour Info
How strenuous is this walk? This walk covers about 3.5 miles on foot in about 3.5 hours. There will be a couple of breaks along the way. The terrain is flat except for some stairs to get up and down the High Line (if the elevators are not working). However, we try to maintain a steady walking pace to cover all the areas of interest. So if you think you might find it difficult to keep up at a moderate walking speed with the rest of the group, please consider a private tour with us, which can be tailored to suit your pace and fitness level.
What About Kids? Our public tours are not ideal for young children, as they involve a lot of walking and cover topics geared to adults. If you would like to tour with us and have children ages 10 and younger, please contact us about a private tour. That said, there are 2 “child” tickets ($25 each) available for each public tour for children ages 12 and under.
Meeting Point: Detailed meeting point instructions will be emailed to you once your reservation has been processed. The tour starts near Chelsea Market and usually ends near Washington Square.
Stops: There will be at least 1 restroom break during our walk. Each participant will also be offered a complimentary bottle of water on the walk and a couple of snacks along the way. A meal prior to the tour is recommended.
Are gratuities included? Guide gratuities are not included in the tour price, so if you enjoy your tour, tips are very much appreciated.