Save 20% when you book 2 public tours!
The Village Sampler – High Line to Washington Square With a Slice of Pizza in the Village
- Tour the High Line, America’s first elevated park, and learn about its incredible transformation
- Learn about Chelsea Market, the popular indoor food and flea market, where the Oreo cookie was born more than a century ago (we will not stroll through it)
- Stop for a great slice of pizza in Greenwich Village (included in price) as we wind our way through the quaint streets of this famous and historic neighborhood
- Discover the recently opened Gansevoort Market in the trendy Meatpacking District and learn about the area’s evolution
- Enjoy the views and photo opportunities in Washington Square; learn about the famous Arch, Millionaires’ Row, the murder of Stanford White, and the park’s creepy past
You can follow someone holding a flag and speaking into a microphone, or you can spend a few hours with us discovering the High Line, exploring the Meatpacking District, getting lost in Greenwich Village, enjoying a delicious slice of pizza, and taking in the sights and sounds in Washington Square.
The CityRover Difference:
- We offer unique NYC walking tours that are rated 5-stars on TripAdvisor
- Small groups (12 max.), no microphones, no flags
- Engaging local guides, fun stories and interesting facts
- Local snack stops and focus on a non-touristy experience
- Satisfaction Guarantee
About 3hrs and 15 min; 3 miles on foot (5 km)
$45 for adults, $25 for kids 12 and under
Thursday and Sunday at 10am thru Dec. Resumes in March.
Maximum group size is 12 adults
Slice of pizza + short stop at food market
Start near Chelsea Market and end in Washington Square (exact meeting point will be emailed after booking)
If you have any questions about this walking tour, please click on the Email Us button below, and we’ll respond to your inquiry within 24 hours. Or call us at (347) 464-9335. We look forward to hearing from you.
We did the Village Sampler tour with Max, from the very start of the tour his love and enthusiasm for his city was just astounding, the tiniest little details which for me are the gems, Max brought us on a 3 hours trip of the West Village, including the Chelsea market, the High Line, West side, pizza to die for in Blecker Street pizza - he never stopped talking and was a joy to listen to. My only regret was that I did not have more time in NYC to do another tour with Max. Next time for sure.
We are 2 couples ins our mid-30's from Alberta & BC, Canada & went on 2 tours with City Rover. (1) High Line, Chelsea, Meat Packing District & Greenwich Village, Washington State Park with Danielle and (2) Grand Central Station, Rockfeller, Chrysler Building & New Your Public Library with Max.
* SMALL groups of 4-12 people
* Max & Danielle are both from Brooklyn & are very knowledgeable, passionate, engaging & friendly
* They are are wealth of knowledge & we could ask them any further questions we had
* Brought water for us, bought snacks for us along the way
* 1000% better than the larger group tours that we had done on previous trips
* Tourists & locals were on our tours
* Loved the morning 3 hr time frame!
* Great price point & discounts for 2+ tours. I would highly recommend more than 2 tours. We are still in NYC and many book 1 more tour before we leave.
* Both Danielle & Max gave us all the advice & direction we needed for things we wanted to do later
* We will only recommend this tour company here in NYC
CONS: * none
We were highly impressed with the passion and knowledge of City Rover and that they are committed to small tours of 4-12 people at a very reasonable prices. Well done Max!!!
Max is a fun, friendly and very knowledgeable guide. He was personally highly recommended by a fellow traveller, always a good sign! The groups were small enough that there was time for lots of interaction with the guests. The tour never felt like others where the guide is just reading off a script in a bored monotone voice. The stops to meet locals in their small businesses were perfect. Max also took the time at the end of the tour to make recommendations for what people could do in the hours afterwards.
Additional Tour Info
How strenuous is this walk? This walk covers about 3.5 miles on foot in about 3.5 hours. There will be a couple of breaks along the way. The terrain is flat except for some stairs to get up and down the High Line (if the elevators are not working). However, we try to maintain a steady walking pace to cover all the areas of interest. So if you think you might find it difficult to keep up at a moderate walking speed with the rest of the group, please consider a private tour with us, which can be tailored to suit your pace and fitness level.
What About Kids? Our public tours are not ideal for young children, as they involve a lot of walking and cover topics geared to adults. If you would like to tour with us and have children ages 10 and younger, please contact us about a private tour. That said, there are 2 “child” tickets ($25 each) available for each public tour for children ages 12 and under.
Meeting Point: Detailed meeting point instructions will be emailed to you once your reservation has been processed. The tour starts near Chelsea Market and usually ends near Washington Square.
Stops: There will be at least 1 restroom break during our walk. Each participant will also be offered a complimentary bottle of water on the walk and a couple of snacks along the way. A meal prior to the tour is recommended.
Are gratuities included? Guide gratuities are not included in the tour price, so if you enjoy your tour, tips are very much appreciated.