Save 20% on your total when you book any 2 public tours!
Small-group 3-hr High Line and Greenwich Village Walking Tour (with a slice of pizza!)
- Walk the High Line, America’s first elevated park, and learn about its incredible transformation
- Learn about Chelsea Market, the popular indoor food and flea market, where the Oreo cookie was born more than a century ago (we will not stroll through it)
- Stop for a great slice of pizza in Greenwich Village (included in price) as we wind our way through the quaint streets of this famous and historic neighborhood
- Discover the trendy Meatpacking District and learn about the area’s evolution
- Enjoy the views and photo opportunities in Washington Square; learn about the famous Arch, Millionaires’ Row, the murder of Stanford White, and the park’s creepy past
This fun and informative 3-hr tour combines the following 2 components:
High Line, Chelsea, Meatpacking District tour
West Village, Greenwich Village, and Washington Square tour (including a stop for a tasty slice of pizza)
Would you like $10 off?
Click Here to get on our email list, and we’ll send you an exclusive $10 Off code for your first tour! We’ll also send you our super-helpful NYC guides and suggested itineraries for free — unsubscribe at any time!
5 things you should know:
Duration: 3 to 3.5 hrs
When: Thursday and Sunday at 10am.
If this time does not fit your schedule, contact us about a private tour.
Max. group size: 10 adults
Leave satisfied or your money back!
Booking online is quick and easy!
1. Click on an available tour date:
(highlighted in bold below)
2. Click on the “Book” button:
(will appear once date is chosen)
This tour is ideal for visitors who are interested in:
- Exploring NY on foot in a fun, informative, and intimate way
- Discovering local neighborhoods, food scene and culture
- Getting off the beaten path
- NYC history and examples of adaptive reuse
- Touring with a licensed guide in a small group
About 3hrs and 15 min; 3 miles on foot (5 km)
$39 for adults, $25 for kids 12 and under
Thursday and Sunday at 10am
All public tours are in English (Spanish and Russian options available for private tours)
Slice of pizza + short stop at food market
Start near Chelsea Market and end in Washington Square (exact meeting point will be emailed after booking)
What customers are saying:
★★★★★ “Walking tour of the High Line, Greenwich Village”
Our guide Max was absolutely brilliant. His knowledge, engaging personality and attention to detail all contributed to a fantastic tour. It was easy paced, filled with interesting local content and was flexible. The tours are kept to a max of 10 pax which provides easy movement and opportunities for questions. We were rewarded with chocolate, bottled water and a slice of what was probably the best pizza in NYC.
Max also pointed out great places to eat and get great coffee.We would highly recommend this tour and his company as all his tours would be of a high standard.
Michael & Carolyn Australia
★★★★★ “Greenwich Village tour”
Excellent way to learn NYC historic facts and experience the city's highlights with a interesting, caring docent. Max, our guide and owner of CityRover Walks NY, is a wealth of knowledge, and a warm and caring individual who wants to share his plethora of information. Our group enjoyed our sightseeing time very much, but also the stops at the chocolate shop and pizza place to experience NYC’s finest. We recommend Max highly and would love to use him again when we are back in town for another fascinating area.
★★★★★ “Fantastic tour away from the beaten track”
We did the 'village sampler' tour with Danielle as our expert guide. Having already spent a couple of says in NYC visiting all the main touristy attractions, it was great to have a chance see some of the less well-known neighbourhoods.
Our tour took us to the High Line, Chelsea Market, the Meatpacking District, Greenwich Village and Washington Square Park.
What these areas lack in skyscrapers and bright lights, they more than make up for in charm, character and history. Every street corner had a story attached to it and we recognised almost every street and building from some TV show or film.
The tour included a delicious slice of pizza and a cookie, so almost for that reason alone it's worth the price! Would strongly recommend if you have a half day to spare.
- If you’re looking to join the Village Sampler on a Thursday at 10am, please consider pairing it with our equally popular City of Dreams tour at 2:30 (also offered Mondays at 10). If you book both, you’ll save 20% on your total.
If you’re visiting NYC for a long weekend, we have two great tours each Friday and Saturday:
- Downtown Highlights, each Friday (and Tuesday) at 10am explores some of the most famous sights and landmarks in New York’s historic Financial District. You’ll see and learn about Bowling Green, Custom House, Trinity Church, Wall Street, the 9/11 Memorial, One World Trade, and much more.
- Brooklyn Bridge Tour, each Friday (and Tuesday) at 2:30 takes you on a scenic and informative walk over the Brooklyn Bridge, followed by an intimate exploration of Dumbo and Brooklyn Heights, with a coffee break and amazing views of the Manhattan skyline along the way.
- Book any 2 of our public NYC tours and save 20% on your total!
- Explore famous Midtown landmarks with us each Saturday at 10am. On our small-group 3-hr tour of New York’s famous attractions, you’ll visit the Chrysler Building, Grand Central Terminal, the flagship NY Public Library, Bryant Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza, and more.
- Then, take a break from the city’s hustle and bustle with our scenic tour of Central Park Saturday at 2:30.
- Or book these two tours together and save 20% at checkout automatically!
Last but not least, if you really enjoy getting off the beaten path and have an interest in art, check out our newest half-day tour — Art in the City. This tour is led by our very own Danielle, who besides being a terrific tour guide is also a very popular painter and muralist. Join Danielle for an intimate and immersive tour of SoHo, Little Italy, Chinatown, and Lower East Side, with a strong focus on NYC street art.
Additional Tour Info
How strenuous is this walk? This walk covers about 3.5 miles on foot in about 3.5 hours. There will be a couple of breaks along the way. The terrain is flat except for some stairs to get up and down the High Line (if the elevators are not working). However, we try to maintain a steady walking pace to cover all the areas of interest. So if you think you might find it difficult to keep up at a moderate walking speed with the rest of the group, please consider a private tour with us, which can be tailored to suit your pace and fitness level.
What About Kids? Our public tours are not ideal for young children, as they involve a lot of walking and cover topics geared to adults. If you would like to tour with us and have children ages 10 and younger, please contact us about a private tour. That said, there are 2 “child” tickets ($25 each) available for each public tour for children ages 12 and under.
Meeting Point: Detailed meeting point instructions will be emailed to you once your reservation has been processed. The tour starts near Chelsea Market and usually ends near Washington Square.
Weather: Our public tours take place rain or shine, barring a severe storm in the forecast, in which case we would email or call you and offer options to switch to another tour or reschedule. If severe weather prevents us from leading this tour and you are unable to switch or reschedule to another, then we would issue you a refund for the tour in question.
Stops: There will be at least 1 restroom break during our walk. Each participant will also be offered a complimentary bottle of water on the walk and a couple of snacks along the way. A meal prior to the tour is recommended.
Are gratuities included? Guide gratuities are not included in the tour price, so if you enjoy your tour, tips are very much appreciated.