Landmark Explorer – Grand Central to Rockefeller Center.
The CityRover Difference:
- Small groups (12 max.), no microphones, no flags
- Engaging local guides, fun stories and interesting facts
- Local snack stops and focus on a non-touristy experience
- Satisfaction Guarantee
On this interesting and eye-opening 3-hour walking tour through Midtown Manhattan, check off a lot of your “Must See” NYC landmarks, as we explore of some of the most beautiful and important buildings and places in the commercial heart of New York City, including:
- Grand Central Terminal
- Chrysler Building
- NY Public Library
- Bryant Park (with views of Empire State Building)
- Times Square
- Rockefeller Center
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral
- Learn about the famous Chrysler Building and the dramatic race for the world’s tallest skyscraper
- Visit the one-of-a-kind Grand Central Terminal and learn about its vaulted Milky Way ceiling, the Whispering Gallery, and its dramatic ups and downs over the last century
- Explore the flagship NY Public Library, a world-renowned research library and one of the most beautiful buildings in America. Learn about its priceless possessions and find out why it was dubbed the “People’s Palace”
- Learn about the evolution of Times Square and Bryant Park and the interesting (and sometimes sordid) pasts of both famous places
- Enjoy an eye-opening tour of Rockefeller Center, with its spectacular Art-Deco artwork, unique history, and famous sites and sculptures, including 30 Rock, the Plaza, Prometheus and Atlas
- And in between all the sights, sounds, and interesting tidbits, get better acquainted with some of the most powerful and iconic names in American history, including Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, and Chrysler
We loved everything about our Landmarks Walk with Rodney. His enthusiasm, knowledge, generosity, patience and snacks were all superlative. My 14 yr old was interested and engaged most of the time, which is really saying something! Lots of very interesting information we would never have known, historical and current. Can't wait to do another Rover Walk!
For those of you who will think about this company and wonder 'do I book?', don't worry: just do it and book!!
We are a family of four: 2 adults and 2 children aged 10 & 12yo. We took the Landmark Explorer (with Rodney) and the City of Dreams (with Danielle). The best money we spent in New York!
Rodney is passionate, personable, inclusive & interested in everyone on our group...the tour was small compared to other tours (we had 12 on our group). We all learnt so much and thoroughly enjoyed it.
When I asked my children afterwards if they enjoyed it, my 12 yo (who is irritable and moody) said 'yeah it was OK'....translation: it was cool, I enjoyed it!!
Since the tour, both my children are talking about the NY Library, Grand Central and other landmarks, and surprisingly, my 12yo is actually recalling information which Rodney was conveying.
3 hours 15 minutes; 2.5 miles on foot (4 kilometers)
$45 for adults, $25 for kids 12 and under
Saturday at 10am
Maximum group size is 12 adults
Our tours are currently offered only in English
There will be 1 bathroom break
Also available for private booking
Starts near Grand Central Terminal and ends near Rockefeller Center
Additional Tour Info
How strenuous is this walk? This walk covers about 3 miles on foot in a little over 3 hours. You will be on your feet most of the time. The terrain is flat, with the exception of some stairs to climb at the Library. We do try to maintain a steady walking pace to cover all the areas of interest. So if you think you might find it difficult to keep up at a moderate walking speed with the rest of the group, please consider a private tour with us, which can be tailored to suit your pace and fitness level.
What About Kids? Our public tours are not ideal for young children, as they involve a lot of walking and cover topics geared to adults. If you would like to tour with us and have children ages 10 and younger, please contact us about a private tour. That said, there are 2 “child” tickets ($25 each) available for each public tour for children ages 12 and under.
Meeting Point: Tour starts near Grand Central and ends near Rockefeller Center (ideal for visiting Top of the Rock or Museum of Modern Art after the tour). The exact meeting point will be emailed to you once your reservation has been processed.
Stops: There will be at least 1 restroom break during our walk. Each participant will also be offered a complimentary bottle of water on the walk and a small snack along the way. A meal prior to the tour is recommended.
Are gratuities included? Guide gratuities are not included in the tour price, so if you enjoy your tour, tips are very much appreciated.