Save 20% when you book 2 public tours!
Landmark Explorer – Grand Central to Rockefeller Center Midtown “Must See” Tour
- Learn about the famous Chrysler Building and the dramatic race for the world’s tallest skyscraper
- Visit the one-of-a-kind Grand Central Terminal and learn about its vaulted Milky Way ceiling, the Whispering Gallery, and its dramatic ups and downs over the last century
- Explore the flagship NY Public Library, a world-renowned research library and one of the most beautiful buildings in America. Learn about its priceless possessions and find out why it was dubbed the “People’s Palace”
- Learn about the evolution of Times Square and Bryant Park and the interesting (and sometimes sordid) pasts of both famous places
- Enjoy an eye-opening tour of Rockefeller Center, with its spectacular Art-Deco artwork, unique history, and famous sites and sculptures, including 30 Rock, the Plaza, Prometheus and Atlas
- And in between all the sights, sounds, and interesting tidbits, get better acquainted with some of the most powerful and iconic names in American history, including Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, and Chrysler
On this interesting and eye-opening 3-hour walking tour through Midtown Manhattan, check off a lot of your “Must See” NYC landmarks, as we explore of some of the most beautiful and important buildings and places in New York City, including:
- Grand Central Terminal (visit Main Concourse and Whispering Gallery)
- Chrysler Building (visit lobby)
- NY Public Library (visit Astor Hall and Rotunda)
- Bryant Park (enjoy views of Empire State Building)
- Times Square
- Rockefeller Center
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral
The CityRover Difference:
- We offer unique NYC walking tours that are rated 5-stars on TripAdvisor
- Small groups (12 max.), no microphones, no flags
- Engaging local guides, fun stories and interesting facts
- Local snack stops and focus on a non-touristy experience
- Satisfaction Guarantee
3 hours 15 minutes; 2.5 miles on foot (4 kilometers)
$45 for adults, $25 for kids 12 and under
Saturday at 10am year-round; Wednesday at 10am in Dec, then resumes in mid-March.
Maximum group size is 12 adults
There will be 1 bathroom break
Starts near Grand Central Terminal and ends near Rockefeller Center
If you have any questions about this walking tour, please click on the Email Us button below, and we’ll respond to your inquiry within 24 hours. Or call us at (347) 464-9335. We look forward to hearing from you.
Max and his team are awesome. We did both the Brooklyn tour and the Mid Town Tour. Both were really enjoyable, interesting and the guides were excellent!
Folks, run, don't walk to book the Midtown walking tour. Ryan Eggensperger is an amazing tour guide and a valuable asset to the fine folks at City Rover. This company has consistently provided us with quality, informative tours (i.e. Central Park with Max) and this tour did not disappoint. Ryan is remarkably knowledgeable, passionate and engaged to the tour participants and to the city highlights. He is articulate, intelligent and it was a pleasure to listen to this highly educated man relate the historical significance of many of the Midtown highlights, including the Public Library and Grand Central Station. I was literally mesmorized for the entire tour.
I'm back in New York, one of my favourite cities. On this trip I did two CityRover Walks: ``Landmark Explorer`` with Rodney and ``City of Dreams`` with Danielle. Both were excellent. Rodney and Danielle had lots of information and great stories, the routes were well planned, and I learned a lot.
Additional Tour Info
How strenuous is this walk? This walk covers about 3 miles on foot in a little over 3 hours. You will be on your feet most of the time. The terrain is flat, with the exception of some stairs to climb at the Library. We do try to maintain a steady walking pace to cover all the areas of interest. So if you think you might find it difficult to keep up at a moderate walking speed with the rest of the group, please consider a private tour with us, which can be tailored to suit your pace and fitness level.
What About Kids? Our public tours are not ideal for young children, as they involve a lot of walking and cover topics geared to adults. If you would like to tour with us and have children ages 10 and younger, please contact us about a private tour. That said, there are 2 “child” tickets ($25 each) available for each public tour for children ages 12 and under.
Meeting Point: Tour starts near Grand Central and ends near Rockefeller Center (ideal for visiting Top of the Rock or Museum of Modern Art after the tour). The exact meeting point will be emailed to you once your reservation has been processed.
Stops: There will be at least 1 restroom break during our walk. Each participant will also be offered a complimentary bottle of water on the walk and a small snack along the way. A meal prior to the tour is recommended.
Are gratuities included? Guide gratuities are not included in the tour price, so if you enjoy your tour, tips are very much appreciated.