Save 10% if you book 2 private tours. Save 20% if you book 2 public tours!
Book our off the beaten path NYC walking and tasting tour across famous Lower East Side neighborhoods
Book our “City of Dreams” tour and explore the East Village, Nolita, and Little Italy on a private walking tour with a great local guide; visit McSorley’s Old Ale House, Moishe’s Bakery and DiPalo’s Italian specialty store — ale and snacks included!
- Explore historic and popular NYC neighborhoods on foot on an intimate private tour
- Enjoy visits to the oldest Irish pub in New York City (small ale or soda included), an authentic Jewish bakery for a small pastry, and a 90-year-old family-run Italian specialty store for delicious homemade mozzarella and imported prosciutto samples– all included in the price.
- Learn about the immigrant waves that shaped NY, from Kleindeutschland and Little Italy to the Jewish Realto and Little Ukraine
- Discover the trendy shops and restaurants and beautiful street art in NoLIta
- Enjoy historical anecdotes and fun stories covering a wide range of topics and famous figures — from Peter Stuyvesant to Peter Cooper, from Joey Ramone to Jimi Hendrix
Planning your NYC visit?
Click here to get on our email list, and we’ll send you 5 of our super-helpful NYC guides and suggested itineraries for free! Plus, we’ll send you an exclusive $10 off code your first tour.
Optional private tour add-ons:
- Explore Chinatown, including optional stops for ice cream, sweet buns, or dumplings (or a full sit-down lunch at an authentic Chinese restaurant that tourists wouldn’t know to go to).
- Explore SoHo and visit either Fanelli Cafe or the Ear Inn (or both) — two classic old NY bars.
- Explore the Lower East Side, with a focus on Jewish immigrant history and snack stops (bagels, pickles, knishes).
- With a private tour, we can customize the local stops to suit your tastes. Love ice cream? We know the best artisan ice cream shops. Addicted to coffee? Us too! We know the best espresso bars. You get the idea…
This tour is ideal for visitors who are interested in:
- Exploring NY on foot in a fun, informative, and intimate way
- Visiting great local establishments for snacks and refreshments
- Photography & sightseeing
- Getting off the beaten path
- History of NYC neighborhoods & immigrant waves
Private Tour Pricing:
Date & Time: This tour is available for private booking 7 days a week year-round upon request
Suggested Duration: 3 to 5 hrs
Want to book a private tour or have a question?
What’s included in tour price:
- Half-pint of ale (or soda) at McSorley’s Old Ale House
- Small pastry at family-run Jewish bakery
- Fresh mozzarella & proscuitto samples from 90-year-old Italian specialty store
- Bottle of water (offered)
What customers are saying:
★★★★★ “Great tour of Lower East Side with Danielle”
My wife and I did the tour of historic immigrant neighborhoods on the lower east side. Danielle led the tour and she was phenomenal! This was a really great way to explore and get a deeper appreciation of the city. The stops at McSorley's and Di Palo's were a lot of fun!
★★★★★ “New Yorkers – This one’s for you!”
My husband and I live in NYC part-time and have our favorite places to go. However, we thought that we might expand our horizons by going on the City of Dreams tour - checking out more of the East Village, Nolita and LIttle Italy. What a wonderful tour! Danielle was a great guide and we learned a lot about our adopted city. She is a native and clearly loves sharing the history of this great city. While it is a walking tour, we did have a couple of food treats along the way (thanks Danielle!) and she was great about pointed out her favorite places to eat and drink. We definitely took notes! So, if you think you already know a lot about the city, you still might want to do a City Rover tour. We will be back!
- If you are interested in NYC street art and learning about the past and present of famous neighborhoods like SoHo, Little Italy, Chinatown, and Lower East Side, check out our NYC street art and neighborhood history tour, led by our very own Danielle, who is an awesome guide and talented muralist and painter.
- If you want to see and learn about the High Line, as well as two historic neighborhoods nearby — Meatpacking District and Greenwich Village, check out our popular High Line to Washington Square walking tour, which also includes a slice of pizza from one of NY’s best pizzerias.
Other popular NYC walking tours by CityRover:
- Tour some of the most famous and important sights, buildings, and landmarks in Downtown Manhattan, including Battery Park, Wall Street, the 9/11 Memorial and new World Trade Center, and much much more.
- Combine that with our Landmark Explorer, which covers some of the most iconic and beautiful buildings and places in Midtown Manhattan, including Grand Central, Chrysler Building, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, and more.
- Or escape Manhattan for a bit and walk over the Brooklyn Bridge for a taste of Brooklyn on our scenic Brooklyn Bridge Tour.
- Last but not least, get it away from it all by joining our relaxed and informative Central Park walking tour, which will help you appreciate the importance and beauty of Central Park in a whole new light.