Save 20% on your total when you book any 2 public tours!
City of Dreams Tour – Discover East Village, Bowery, Little Italy & Visit a Famous Pub (Ale & Snacks Included)
- Enjoy visits to the oldest bar in New York City (small ale or soda included), an authentic Jewish bakery for a small pastry, and a 90-year-old family-run Italian specialty store for delicious homemade mozzarella and imported prosciutto samples– all included in the price.
- Learn about the immigrant waves that shaped NY, from Kleindeutschland and Little Italy to the Jewish Realto and Little Ukraine
- Discover the trendy shops and restaurants and beautiful street art in NoLIta
- Enjoy historical anecdotes and fun stories covering a wide range of topics and famous figures — from Peter Stuyvesant to Peter Cooper, from Joey Ramone to Jimi Hendrix
The CityRover Difference:
- We offer unique NYC walking tours that are rated 5-stars on TripAdvisor
- Small groups (12 max.), no microphones, no flags
- Engaging local guides, fun stories and interesting facts
- Local snack stops and focus on a non-touristy experience
- Satisfaction Guarantee
About 3 hrs and 15min; 3 miles on foot (5 kilometers)
$45 for adults, $25 for kids 12 and under
Monday and Friday at 10am; Thursday at 2:30
Maximum group size is 12 adults
Half-pint at McSorley's
Tour starts near Astor Place in Lower Manhattan and ends in Little Italy. Exact meeting point will be emailed after booking.
If you have any questions about this walking tour, please click on the Email Us button below, and we’ll respond to your inquiry within 24 hours. Or call us at (347) 464-9335. We look forward to hearing from you.
Today we experienced one of several walking tours offered by CityRover Walks. We chose the ``City of Dreams`` tour and Danielle our guide provided us with well over 3 1/2 hours of what we can only describe as the best way to learn about the history and transformation of the East Village, Little Italy and surroundings. The knowledge and passion provided by Danielle was far and beyond what we expected and cannot imagine a better way to truly experience what helped shape New York into the magnificent city it is today.
Once again…City Rovers Walks…Excellent.
I have been a fan since Max first started his tours several years ago.
I have been on at least 5 of his tours. Yesterday, Danielle, the terrific tour guide
took me once again to places I have never known about or passed without knowing the treasure of information before me. I am a born and raised New Yorker…history teacher and continue to
learn such cool information. Danielle's enthusiasm was contagious…Born New Yorkers..and Tourists treat yourself…treat yourself. Theresa
4 of us had a private city of dreams tour with Danielle....it was great! She is very entertaining and knowledgeable and full of interesting anecdotes about the area. We enjoyed several treats along the way which is always a plus! This was our second tour with City Rover and definitely recommend them.
Additional Tour Info
How strenuous is this walk? This walk covers about 3.5 miles on foot in a little over 3 hours.. The terrain is flat, and we’ll get to take a break in McSorley’s Old Ale House. However, we try to maintain a steady walking pace to cover all the areas of interest. So if you think you might find it difficult to keep up at a moderate walking speed with the rest of the group, please consider a private tour with us, which can be tailored to suit your pace and fitness level.
What About Kids? Our public tours are not ideal for young children, as they involve a lot of walking and cover topics geared to adults. If you would like to tour with us and have children ages 10 and younger, please contact us about a private tour. That said, there are 2 “child” tickets ($25 each) available for each public tour for children ages 12 and under.
Meeting Point: Detailed meeting point instructions will be emailed to you once your reservation has been processed. The tour starts near Astor Place in Lower Manhattan and ends in Little Italy.
Stops: There will be at least 1 restroom break during our walk. Each participant will also be offered a complimentary bottle of water on the walk and a a couple of snacks/refreshments along the way. A meal prior to the tour is recommended.
Are gratuities included? Guide gratuities are not included in the tour price, so if you enjoy your tour, tips are very much appreciated.