Save 10% if you book 2 private tours!
There are countless walking tours in NYC, but this tour is the best way to see the top places to visit in Midtown Manhattan.
On our 3-hr “Landmark Explorer”, discover many of the top NYC attractions, including Chrysler Building, Grand Central Terminal, NY Public Library, Times Square, and Rockefeller Center.
On this interesting and eye-opening 3-hour walking tour through Midtown Manhattan, we’ll explore some of the most beautiful and famous buildings and attractions in New York City, including:
- Grand Central Terminal (visit Main Concourse and Whispering Gallery)
- Chrysler Building (visit lobby)
- NY Public Library
- Bryant Park (enjoy views of Empire State Building)
- Times Square (see where the Ball is dropped)
- Rockefeller Center (visit the Plaza and 30 Rock)
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral & Atlas sculpture
- Park Avenue and Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Planning your NYC visit?
Click here to get on our email list, and we’ll send you 5 of our super-helpful NYC guides and suggested itineraries for free! Plus, we’ll send you an exclusive $20 off code your first tour.
Optional private tour add-ons:
- Coffee break (check out our Best Coffee Shops in NYC post)
- Lunch break at popular new food court (with an impressive variety of local food purveyors)
- We can drop you off at the entrance to Top of the Rock or Empire State observatories
This tour is ideal for visitors who are interested in:
- NYC history & architecture
- Exploring NYC on foot in a fun, informative, and intimate way
- Seeing and learning about famous NYC buildings, sights, and attractions
- Sightseeing & photography
- Or first-time visitors to NYC
Availability & Pricing:
Date & Time: This tour is available for private booking 7 days a week year-round upon request.
Suggested Duration: 3 to 4 hrs
Cost for 3 hours (for the group, not per person):
- 1 to 5 people: $280
- 6 to 10 people: $350
- Groups larger than 10: Contact us for a quote
Cost for optional 4th hour: +$70 (total for groups of 10 or fewer)
Want to book a private tour or have a question?
What customers are saying:
We thoroughly enjoyed our Landmark tour with Ryan. It was just brilliant - all the facts and information he was able to give as we walked through the city. Pitched just right - great sense of humour and interaction with our group. He answered all our questions and we never felt afraid to ask him anything. It was great - we loved it and will recommend the tour to our family and friends. It exceeded our expectations.
We would love to come back to New York, and when we do, we will look you up again and sign up to one of the other tours available.
Thank you Max, and Ryan, for making the tour such a memorable experience for our family.
★★★★★ “Midtown Walking Tour”
Our three hour walking tour with Max was hands-down the best tour we have ever taken. Max is an excellent tour guide who went above and beyond to make our visit to NYC enjoyable and memorable. He is a wealth of knowledge and he is able to paint a picture of history with his words. I would recommend this tour to first-time visitors to NYC and I will look up CityRover Walks again for another tour if we return. We learned so much and saw sights we might otherwise have missed. Lots of good photo ops, recommendations for good food, and a coffee stop!
Max was even helpful with information beyond our tour. He really seemed to care that we enjoy our visit to the city. Can't say enough good things about the experience.
★★★★★ “Awesome walking tour!!!!”
I recently visited New York City and booked a walking tour through CityRover Walks. Max was my tour guide and he is amazing. The tour was relaxing, informative, fun and way beyond my expectations. I travel to New York City yearly as an escort for a travel company. I will definitely provide information from now on for the charter bus group to see New York City the ``CityRover way! I highly recommend Max and his team for providing an excellent New York City experience!
CityRover Tour Pairings:
- If you want to see and do as much as possible during your NYC visit, then check out our scenic walking tour of Central Park, which pairs really well with an exploration of Midtown.
- If you want to check off many of New York’s most famous attractions with us on a private tour, then consider pairing this Midtown tour with our Downtown Highlights tour.
Other fun CityRover tours:
- Book our popular walking tour of the High Line, Meatpacking District, and Greenwich Village. Discover the High Line, enjoy a slice of pizza at Bleecker Street Pizza, and learn about Washington Square (among many other things) — in the “heart” of the Village.
- If you like touring popular neighborhoods and visiting local establishments but prefer not to be herded from shop to shop and forced to snack outside like some “food tours” will have you do, book our fun, informative, and tasty City of Dreams tour.
- If you are interested in street art and want to discover some of the most original murals in New York City, join our intimate NYC street art tour (and neighborhood exploration) led by our guide/muralist extraordinaire, Danielle.
- Finally, if you’ve never been to Brooklyn and never walked over the Brooklyn Bridge, knock out two birds with one stone by joining our highly rated tour of the Brooklyn Bridge and nearby Brooklyn neighborhoods of Dumbo and Brooklyn Heights. Enjoy amazing views from the Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge Park.
How strenuous is this walk? This walk covers about 3 miles on foot in about 3 hours. The terrain is flat. You’ll be on your feet most of the time, but one of the advantages of a private tour is that the pace and distance covered can be tailored to your group’s needs (as well as local snack/refreshment stops).
What About Kids? Another benefit of a private tour, if you’re traveling with kids, is that we can personalize it to keep both adults and kids engaged, informed, and entertained.
Meeting Point: The tour typically starts downtown near Grand Central Terminal and ends near Rockefeller Center. However, we can pick you up from your hotel and take the subway together, if you’d prefer that option.
Weather: Our tours take place rain or shine, barring a severe storm in the forecast, in which case we would email or call you and offer options to reschedule. If severe weather prevents us from leading this tour and you/we are unable to reschedule, then we would issue you a refund for the tour in question.
Are gratuities included? Guide gratuities are not included in the tour price, so if you enjoy your tour, tips are very much appreciated, though certainly not required or expected.