Save 20% on your total when you book any 2 public tours!
There are countless walking tours in NYC, but this tour is the best way to see the top places to visit in Midtown Manhattan.
On our 3-hr “Landmark Explorer”, discover many of the top NYC attractions, including Chrysler Building, Grand Central Terminal, NY Public Library, Times Square, and Rockefeller Center.
On this interesting and eye-opening 3-hour walking tour through Midtown Manhattan, we’ll explore some of the most beautiful and famous buildings and attractions in New York City, including:
- Grand Central Terminal (visit Main Concourse and Whispering Gallery)
- Chrysler Building (visit lobby)
- NY Public Library
- Bryant Park (enjoy views of Empire State Building)
- Times Square (see where the Ball is dropped)
- Rockefeller Center (visit the Plaza and 30 Rock)
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral & Atlas sculpture
- Park Avenue and Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Planning your trip to NYC?
Click Here to get on our email list, and we’ll send you an exclusive $10 Off code for your first tour! We’ll also send you our super-helpful NYC guides and suggested itineraries for free — unsubscribe at any time!
5 things you should know:
Duration: 3 to 3.5 hrs
When: Saturday at 10am thru October.
If this time does not fit your schedule, contact us about a private tour.
Max. group size: 10 adults
Leave satisfied or your money back!
Booking online is quick and easy!
1. Click on an available tour date:
(highlighted in bold below)
2. Click on the “Book” button:
(will appear once date is chosen)
This tour is ideal for visitors who are interested in:
- NYC history & architecture
- Exploring NYC on foot in a fun, informative, and intimate way
- Seeing and learning about famous NYC buildings, sights, and attractions
- Sightseeing & photography
- Or first-time visitors to NYC
3 hours; 2.5 miles on foot (4 kilometers)
$39 for adults, $25 for kids 12 and under
Saturday at 10am thru October. Private any time by request.
All public tours are in English (Spanish and Russian options available for private tours)
There will be 1 bathroom break
Starts near Grand Central Terminal and ends near NY Public Library
What customers are saying:
We thoroughly enjoyed our Landmark tour with Ryan. It was just brilliant - all the facts and information he was able to give as we walked through the city. Pitched just right - great sense of humour and interaction with our group. He answered all our questions and we never felt afraid to ask him anything. It was great - we loved it and will recommend the tour to our family and friends. It exceeded our expectations.
We would love to come back to New York, and when we do, we will look you up again and sign up to one of the other tours available.
Thank you Max, and Ryan, for making the tour such a memorable experience for our family.
★★★★★ “Midtown Walking Tour”
Our three hour walking tour with Max was hands-down the best tour we have ever taken. Max is an excellent tour guide who went above and beyond to make our visit to NYC enjoyable and memorable. He is a wealth of knowledge and he is able to paint a picture of history with his words. I would recommend this tour to first-time visitors to NYC and I will look up CityRover Walks again for another tour if we return. We learned so much and saw sights we might otherwise have missed. Lots of good photo ops, recommendations for good food, and a coffee stop!
Max was even helpful with information beyond our tour. He really seemed to care that we enjoy our visit to the city. Can't say enough good things about the experience.
★★★★★ “Don’t Think Twice. Book With CityRover & Make NYC Come Alive”
It can be difficult to choose what tour to book. However, thanks to TripAdvisor we found City Rover walking tours. Since we were interested in Grand Central Station, the Chrysler Building and Public Library, we booked the Landmark Explorer tour in May 2016. Max, the owner of the company, led the tour. There were only 4 in our group and that meant we got a highly personal tour. No jockeying to get close so you can hear or following a herd of people. What really impressed us was Max's love for the history of this city. Through his knowledge our appreciation and enjoyment of famous places was so much richer. Though this wasn't our first trip to the city, we really enjoyed it better because of City Rover tours. Reasonable prices are a plus, too. And, by walking you're not stuck in traffic sitting on a bus. Don't hesitate to book. Your trip will be much more memorable. Thanks Max for a great experience.
- If you have a free Saturday and want to see and do as much as possible during your NYC visit, then check out our popular walking tour of Central Park, which starts at 2:30. You’d have an hour for lunch and rest between the Landmark Explorer at 10am and the tour of Central Park.
- If you want to check off many of New York’s most famous attractions with us but would rather enjoy our half-day tours on separate days, then consider pairing this Midtown tour with our Downtown Highlights tour, offered each Tuesday and Friday at 10am. You’ll save 20% during checkout automatically if you book both.
Other fun CityRover tours:
Just to be clear, you can save 20% if you book any 2 of our public tours. Your savings increase the more tours you add to your cart.
- If you have a Thursday or Sunday morning free, join our popular walking tour of the High Line, Meatpacking District, and Greenwich Village at 10am. Enjoy a slice of pizza at Bleecker Street Pizza and end the tour in Washington Square — the “heart” of the Village.
- If you like touring popular neighborhoods and visiting local establishments but prefer not to be herded from shop to shop and forced to snack outside like some “food tours” will have you do, join our fun, informative, and tasty City of Dreams tour each Monday at 10 and Thursday at 2:30.
- If you are interested in street art and want to discover some of the most original murals in New York City, join our intimate NYC street art tour (and neighborhood exploration) led by our guide/muralist extraordinaire, Danielle.
- Finally, if you’ve never been to Brooklyn and never walked over the Brooklyn Bridge, knock out two birds with one stone by joining our highly rated tour of the Brooklyn Bridge and nearby Brooklyn neighborhoods of Dumbo and Brooklyn Heights. Enjoy amazing views from the Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge Park.
Additional Tour Info
How strenuous is this walk? This walk covers about 3 miles on foot in a little over 3 hours. You will be on your feet most of the time. The terrain is flat. We do try to maintain a steady walking pace to cover all the areas of interest. So if you think you might find it difficult to keep up at a moderate walking speed with the rest of the group, please consider a private tour with us, which can be tailored to suit your pace and fitness level.
What About Kids? Our public tours are not ideal for young children, as they involve a lot of walking and cover topics geared to adults. If you would like to tour with us and have children ages 10 and younger, please contact us about a private tour. That said, there are 2 “child” tickets ($25 each) available for each public tour for children ages 12 and under.
Meeting Point: Tour starts near Grand Central and ends near the NY Public Library on 42nd street. The exact meeting point will be emailed to you once your reservation has been processed.
Stops: There will be at least 1 restroom break during our walk. Each participant will also be offered a complimentary bottle of water on the walk and a small snack along the way. A meal prior to the tour is recommended.
Weather: Our public tours take place rain or shine, barring a severe storm in the forecast, in which case we would email or call you and offer options to switch to another tour or reschedule. If severe weather prevents us from leading this tour and you are unable to switch or reschedule to another, then we would issue you a refund for the tour in question.
Are gratuities included? Guide gratuities are not included in the tour price, so if you enjoy your tour, tips are very much appreciated.